Other information about replications
Mass replication projects
Marketing’s “Replication Corner,” an outlet for mostly successful conceptual replications, is currently housed at Marketing Letters. In its previous iterations, it appeared first in International Journal of Research in Marketing (2013-2016) and after that it was in the possibly defunct Journal of Marketing Behavior from 2016-2020.
Scientific misconduct and data anomalies
- A Famous Honesty Researcher Is Retracting A Study Over Fake Data by Stephanie M. Lee, August 20, 2021.
- An update on our examination of the research of Dr. Nicolas Guéguen by Nick Brown and James Heathers, May 9, 2019
- The replication crisis gets personal by Yoel Inbar and Michael Inzlicht, July 4, 2018 (discusses inside story of Stapel case beginning at 45:05).
- Meet the ‘data thugs’ out to expose shoddy and questionable research by Adam Marcus, February 14, 2018.
- Here’s How Cornell Scientist Brian Wansink Turned Shoddy Data Into Viral Studies About How We Eat by Stephanie M. Lee, February 25, 2018
- Researchers find oddities in high-profile gender studies by Cathleen O’Grady, November 28, 2017.
- An Oral History of the Cornell Food and Brand Lab Scandal by Jordan Anaya, April 10, 2017.
- The Mind of a Con Man by Yudhijit Bhattacharjee, April 26, 2013.
- The Data Detective by Ed Yong, July 3, 2012